Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 3 - hump day

I HATE having a cold.  I've got one of the ones where your nose feels blocked and your head feels clogged and your ears are all icky and your throat feels scratchy.

I have also had a slight problem over the past 18 hours - I have been CRAVING a peanut butter Sandwich.  I had a sniff of the peanut butter last night before I went to bed hoping that would dull it.  It did for a while but when I got up this afternoon (yes, this afternoon - I stayed home from work because I had a headache and felt so bad), I craved the bread, the butter and the peanut butter taste together. 

So I ended up doing something that I had told myself that I wasn't going to do... I grabbed the scales.  I needed something to give me some motivation.  At this point, I didn't really think about the 'what if I've put on' factor.  All I cared about was a loss.  Even a .2 kilogram loss would stop me from eating this sandwich.

I took a breath and stood on the scales.  She told me (in her slightly of putting American accent)...

"you weigh two hundred and sixteen point seven kilograms.  Goodbye". 

For a minute there, I was really pleased - I'd lost 2 kilos.  But, when I opened my book and found that it was 3, I was astonished!  3 kilos.  Gone.  Just like that.

I rang my Mum.  Then Brad.  Then my Dad.  Then I put it on Facebook.  Now I am putting it up here.  I am so proud.  SO pleased.  And SO excited about the coming weeks.  I made my shake, made up my 750mls of diet Ribeena and drank them both. 

I had broccoli and bok choy for dinner with some garlic.  I also had an Optifast Vegetable Soup.

I can say that today has honestly been the hardest day when it has come to resisting food and temptation.  I think back 3 years ago to when I gave up smoking.  Day 3 and 4 were the hardest.  Hump days.  I am hoping that the rest aren't so bad.  I class food as an addiction.  My addiction.  Just like the Cigarettes were.  I'll take it one day at a time.  I'll resist each temptation and just like when I gave up smoking, things will get easier each day.

Addiction - noun

the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

Temptations resisted today - Lasagna, Cesar Salad with the works, banana custard and that bloody peanut butter sandwich :)


My 2 year old Daughter, Charlotte carrying a 3 litre bottle of milk (which is roughly 3 kilos), the amount weight that I've lost in a few days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment