Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 21 - I love Sundays :)

Last night was fantastic.  I had such a great night.  Despite the fact that there was fried rice, mini spring rolls, dim sims, chicken with cashew nuts and vegetables, chips, salads, pavlova, jelly, WINE - I didn't eat a thing.  I even forgot to bring my shake with me because I was running late!  I was so proud of myself.  I wasn't even tempted to eat anything (and to be honest - I didn't even look at any of the food in the buffet just to make sure that I didn't have a visual as well as the smell!).

Today I spent the day cleaning.  I still have my migraine.  I'll see my neurologist next week about what to do.  It's horrible.

I also spent some time singing.  Last night, I sung so much and I forgot how much I enjoyed it and how good it made me feel.  So, I plugged in the MP3 player and did some singing (it really makes my dog upset as she doesn't like my singing voice) but, Lachlan thought it was rather amusing so he took some photos of me.  Seriously, I rock :)


 


I think that I've forgotten how to have fun and this weekend certainly showed me that I can still enjoy myself but I haven't let myself do so for a long time because I simply don't like me.  That's slowly starting to change.  And I think it's about time.

Things are going to get better :) I can feel it... and I'm working hard to make it happen.  And that's the best part.  That I'm starting to invest time into me again.  Something I haven't done (or wanted to do) for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment