Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 10 - 10? Already?

I can't believe it's day 10!  It's gone quick!

I hate being sick :( I have a really sore throat and still can't shake this cough.  I went to the Doctors today and they've put me on some anti biotics.  I have a chest infection.  Being sick is not going to stop me though!

I spent most of the day in my warm bed today.  I had a Chocolate Optifast this morning and drank a fair bit throughout the day.

My Aunty is over from South Australia and my family were going out for dinner.  I made a spur of the moment decision to go and join them so at 5pm, we set off to drive to Boronia (about an hour and a bit away from here).  It was great to see everyone - Mum, Dad, my Sister, my Brother in Law, my Nanna and Poppa and my Aunty.  It was also the first time that I have been out for a meal where I am not actually eating!  it was an interesting experience.

Food plays such an important role in our lives when it comes to being social.  It's always around us when there's a birthday party, a BBQ, a Wedding, a Baptism, tea and scones - any celebration I have thought of has involved food.  Even at the end of a Funeral there always seems to be a good spread at the end of it.  It's not something that I have thought of before.  I never realised that it always seems to be there - even when we don't really want it or need it.

Tonight as I watched as the big bowl of wedges come out along with the garlic bread that I normally try to grab the crispiest looking piece, I waited for the feeling of disappointment to emerge when I realised that I couldn't have any of it but, it never did.  I sat there, stirring my Optislim Tomato soup, munching on my salad watching risottos, fish and chips, chicken parmigiana, soups and pastas be devoured in front of me and other then noticing that it happened so quickly, I felt relieved that I didn't feel that I was missing out. 

I'm on a mission and nothing can get in my way.

I didn't go to the gym today.  I will go tomorrow night.  I have a date with Trish tomorrow :) I can't wait to spend some time with her.  I can't remember the last time that I saw her when I didn't have the Children with me or when there were Husbands lurking around :)

I also want to add how proud I am to see that so many of you have started your own missions to become healthier.  I think I've mentioned it before how many people have said that they have found my story inspiring (which I am so pleased to hear) but to know that it has helped people to set their own goals and work toward them - it makes me so pleased.  Make sure you let me know how you go xoxo

Temptations resisted today - garlic bread, wedges (with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce!), strawberry yogurt, orange juice, chocolate, apples, bananas, jelly, ice cream, coke and lemonade.

P.S - there's only 48 days until my Surgery!

No comments:

Post a Comment