Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Starting to get into a routine...

I have decided that Monday night is Swimming night for me. It’s a great way to get my week started and ease me in to a busy week of working out.


I swam for the first time in about 15 years on Monday night. I started off with Freestyle. I had forgotten how to breathe when swimming! I ended up drinking o much pool water. The water was going down my nose and running down the back of my throat. It was a revolting feeling and a disgusting taste. I did 4 laps when I felt as though I wanted to give up! I couldn’t seem to get into the rhythm of things. It was very frustrating. I was going to grab a kick board and go back to bascs. I realised that I could work it out if I just continued to be patient and persevered. Swimming is something I really used to enjoy and I couldn’t believe that I couldn’t remember how to swim!


In the end, I worked it out. I did 32 laps which is 800 meters. I really enjoyed it in the end. I found that I didn’t think about anything other than breathing and focusing on getting to the other end of the pool.


I went to work today so I didn’t get the chance to go to the gym and I was too tired to go tonight but, I am going to do aqua aerobics on a Tuesday morning. On Wednesday, I am going to aim to do body pump, on Thursday is when I have my PT session (they also have aqua aerobics on a Thursday night) and on Friday, I am going to rest but on a Saturday (or Sunday), I’ll go in at least once.


I am really enjoying the gym. I feel really good once I have been and I don’t feel like it’s a chore anymore. It’s satisfying.


I am going to do my measurements again this week. I am feeling as though I have lost a fair amount of weight over the past few weeks. I am really looking forward to my appointment with Dr Winnett.


I’m off to bed :) I am SO tired. We’re off to see Dora the Explorer tomorrow!  Not before a session at the gym :)

No comments:

Post a Comment