Friday, July 1, 2011

Blog for 30.6.2011 - blog spot would only let me publish it this morning!

I am EXHAUSTED but feeling really good!  I had my PT session today at 11.30.  Michael warned me when I got there that he had a gruelling session planned. 

He got me to go up the stairs ten times and then he got me to do a minute of running the treadmill.  I did this 5 times over.  Ouch.  It was really good.  I made it and was impressed by my determination.  Especially when I told him to bump the treadmill up to make it a bit faster because I wasn’t as puffed as I’d expect!  When I checked, I was running at 8.5kph.  I am not sure if this is the fastest I have done since I have started to run.

I feel quite tired and a little bit achy.  I am so happy that I almost seemed to ‘breeze’ through the session.  I gave it everything I’ve got.  The only thing that stopped me was the fact that I got a bit of asthma however, given the fact that I didn’t have my preventer this morning.

I was so proud of my achievement.  I am still stoked at the fact that I wouldn’t have dreamed of being able to do, I can. 

I took a photo of me and my work pass last night.  I look like a totally different person.  This photo was taken back in March last year.  It’s amazing to see the change.


23 days until the stair climb!  And today is your last chance to get in if you want the deduction on your tax for 10/11!  I have raised $420 so far.  It’s great to have so much support.  Here’s the link…


I applied for 3 internal jobs at work today.  This is something that I would not have had the confidence to do this time last year.  I’m not sure how I’ll go – even if I don’t get an interview, I am proud of myself for applying for them.  I do enjoy my job but I feel as though I could contribute more than what I am to the organisation that I work for. 

Life is what you make of it.  I’m just realising that.  What you put into it is what you get out of it.  And once you get a taste of personal success, nothing can stop you if you don’t want it to.

1 comment: