Saturday, July 2, 2011

It's the weekend - FINALLY!

It’s been an interesting week to say the least.  I’m SO exhausted.  Not just physically but mentally and emotionally as well. 

Physically, the calf on my left leg is a bit sore.  When I was walking down the ramp at Sunshine station last night, I had to hold onto the rail!  It was so sore!  It was cramping up over night as well so, I’ll rub some stuff on it tonight in hope of not waking up sore!  I’ll go to the gym tomorrow and have a swim to try and loosen things up a bit.  I must admit, I have given it a good go over the past few weeks.  I’ve gone from walking to running, from stepping to striding and from not being able to catch my breath to being able to control it so that I can do more.  Like I’ve said, I am well on my way to losing my 10 kilos.  If it’s not 10, it will be at least 5 but I’d prefer not to sell myself short! 

Mentally, work has been really, really busy.  I often get into work at 7 or 7.30.  I stay until around about 5.  I am sure I’ve mentioned where I work before – the Child Support Agency.  As you can imagine, I take some rather tough calls at times and when you have a whole day on phones, the chance of several tough calls is high!  From memory, I took around 40 calls on Monday.  Which is a lot.  I also managed to get rid of a fair amount of work done which was good as I’m a bit behind. 

I’ve also been looking for jobs that Brad can apply for.  I forgot how annoying looking for a new job is.  I have been in the public service for 9 years now.  I am blessed that I haven’t had to go through the gruelling task of finding something new other than when I applied for those internal jobs the other day.  It’s exhausting!

Emotionally, I feel I have grown.  I have almost come to a cross roads when it comes to a few aspects in my life.  I guess I should have seen it coming, I guess.  Considering the fact that even though I don’t think I am changing, I’ve realised that I have developed a sense of self confidence and part of that is learning how to stick up for what I believe in and knowing my limitations and the behaviours I’ll tolerate from others around me.  I got called fat yesterday.  It didn’t bother me as much as it normally would.  I just put it behind me and haven’t worried about it as much as I normally would have normally.  I’ve also been able to support my friends a lot more in the past week as I’ve had the emotional reserves available as I am not absorbing so much crap that is insignificant. 

It’s also about time I had some tickets on myself.  I have never had tickets on myself.  And to some, this might be quite overwhelming.  Or annoying.  And they might not be sure how to deal with my positive attitude toward life or myself.  And I could do a whole blog on this topic as it’s something that each one of my friends who have experienced dramatic changes in their life have gone through so, this is something I’ll touch on in a few weeks when I have the right words. 

Yes, I do analyse things – sometimes one of my downfalls but, hey, at least I understand myself!

20 days until the stair climb.  I have a bit of work to do!  I’ve been concentrating on what I have been eating over the past few days and I am not having any alcohol this month (I am not a big drinker anyway but, I don’t need the extra Kilojoules).  It’s been hard today as it feels as though there is something stuck in my band.  Things are going down okay but it feels like something is not quite right.  It’s not sore, it’s just uncomfortable.  And very irritating! 

I’ve had a great day.  I went out shopping this morning with Callum (Lachie is at Mum and Dad’s), I saw Trishy for a while which was nice and then we went for a little drive.  We fed some ducks and I chased (yes, chased) the kids around the oval.  It was fun.  And I felt a little more refreshed afterwards.


Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend :)

3 comments:

  1. You look fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I have only just found your blog and have spent the last hour reading it. I am hooked. Your story is amazing and inspiring. I am proud of your honesty. And to read some if the things that you have gone through had made my blood boil. Keep up with the commitment you have to yourself. And back in one of your older entries you talk about being true to yourself. Remember this and let ir be the motivation behind any decision you make. Trina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the last few days have been tough for you but you. You are one of the most amazing people I have ever come across in my life and I am honoured to be part of your life and watch your amazing transformation.

    ReplyDelete