Tuesday, June 28, 2011

24 days to go (until the stair climb, that is!)

I’m becoming ‘the image of fitness’.  Well, that’s what my PT said today.  I did say to him that if that’s the case, I’d be a bit worried!  He said this to me as I was running on the treadmill. 

Running has become an enjoyable activity.  I just focus on my breathing and that’s what gets me through.  I also think I’ve mentioned that if I’m told when I have 10 seconds left, I feel a lot better than knowing I have 20.  I feel less anxious knowing that the time is almost up rather than nearly up!

I’ve been at the Gym the last 3 days in a row.  I went last night with one of my friends.  It was great to have her by my side.  She really pushed me to go that extra mile.  It was great to catch up with her as well. We haven’t seen each other in some time.  She is looking amazing :) she had gastric sleeve done a few months ago (I wrote about her on my blog) and she’s done so well.  It was great to be able to speak to someone about how hard it is to separate food from something to comfort emotions with to something that is there to fuel our body.  I showed her my running as well.  I think she was suitably impressed :)

I’m still on a mission to lose my 10 kilograms before my next appointment with my Surgeon.  I have the appointment on the 20th of July so, it’s not far away.  I have been doing so well with my eating and exercise thus far, there should be no reason that I shouldn’t lose that amount of weight.  I still think that my band might be a tiny bit tight.  It’s not something that I’ve worried about so much to the point of getting some fluid removed from the band as I am able to drink and eat some foods with ease however, I can’t eat some things that won’t go down now but did before my last fill.  I know that as my stomach shrinks, more things can get past the band so, I’ll grin and bear it until my next appointment.  Hopefully by then, I won’t need a fill at all.  Just a weigh in accompanied by a happy dance for reaching my goal!

So, 24 days until the stair climb.  It’s creeping up slowly!  I am going to do some more training on the stairs tomorrow at work.  I am going to be a little bit self concious as I am going to be wearing my leggings.  I have realised that just because things fit, it doesn’t necessarily mean that I should wear them but, in the case of my leggings, they are so much more practical than wearing my tracksuit pants.  They are a lot lighter and I am a lot cooler in them.  I am going to go the 3 rounds again like last time.  This time, I just hope it doesn’t hurt as much!  Who knows, after the stair climb, I might just do them for fun.  Hmmm.  I doubt it. 

Here’s the link to donate to my cause.  Sorry I put it up each time but, I’d love to raise as much as I possibly can.  If I raise $5000, the donation can be named after my Nanna which would be a wonderful gesture as this is why I’m doing it in the first place
And if you do it in the next 2 days, you can claim it as a deduction in your 10/11 tax return!  Excitement!

I just also realised that the date of the stair climb is quite significant as it is a year and 3 days exactly to when I had my first appointment with Dr Winnett where I found out how much I weighed.  It’s going to be an amazing day.  I can’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment