Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 91 - 10 DAYS TO GO!

There's only days until Surgery.  10 DAYS!  I have a lot of words to describe how I feel.  One word can't sum it up...

I didn't record my weigh in last week.  I weighed myself an it said that I have put on 6 kilograms.  I don't believe that this could possibly be the case as I have been doing everything right.  I felt disheartened when I read the results therefore figure that it's best to ignore it at the moment.  If I know that I'm doing the right thing, that is all that matters.  I want to be under 200 kilograms come Surgery time.  I will weigh myself on the morning of Surgery.  I know that they will weigh me at the Hospital but I should use my scales too for consistent results.  Scales are all slightly different for some reason...

It's strange preparing for the Surgery.  At work, I have to make sure that I tidy up as many loose ends as I can so that members in my team have a minimum amount to do.  I have got 2 weeks off however, if I am feeling well enough to go back after a week, that's what I intend on doing.  They say that it is quite possible to have the Surgery on a Thursday and be back to work the following Monday.  I shall play it by ear (or stomach in this case).

I have to get my things together for Hospital.  I am trying to do as much cleaning as what I can over the coming week so that I don't have a lot to worry about when I get home.  I'm even starting to work out what meal to prepare for Judy (my Mother in Law) for her to serve up to the kids when she stays on the Wednesday night that I am in Hospital.  Lots of things to organise!  I feel like I'm nesting like I did before the Kids were born!

I've still got this cough :/ I need to concentrate on getting rid of it before Surgery or else they won't operate as they won't put me under.  If it hasn't gone by Wednesday night, I'll make an appointment to see the Doctor again as I don't want something like a simple cough to stop everything from going ahead.

I got an iPhone 4 last week :) I've noticed that there are about 3 applications that you can get in regard to lap banding.  I can't wait to get one and see what it's like.  I shall keep you posted.

I'm pleased to say that my friend, Tracey had her gastric sleeve surgery last week and it went without a hitch.  I am so proud of her.  I can't wait to hear of her progress as the kilos fall off.  There is a link to her blog on my 'links' page.  She is inspiring.

I'm off to clean my pantry.  There is a stinky Onion in there.  It's awful :/

Bring on the next 10 days!

3 comments:

  1. I hope these next 10 days go fast for you Steph, take each day as it comes. Even take it minute by minute. That is all you can do.
    You know I am here if you need anything. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go in for my lap band tomorrow. I kinda liked the Optifast stage, it made things easy and I lost 12 kilos.
    Your photos are lovely, you will get a lot of benefit from the surgery.
    Good luck, well done on the blog, and keep up the hard work, it is all worth it.

    Best wishes Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are always in my thoughts Steph!

    ReplyDelete