Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I CAN RUN! A slow run but, I CAN RUN!

I had a few things to do before I went back to the Gym (including watching a movie – it is my day of, after all!  I had a little bit of popcorn during the movie.  I left to go back to the Gym.  I bought a bowl with me as I worried that I might vomit as the popcorn didn’t feel as though it had gone down very well at all…

He got me walking up the stairs with a medicine ball and when I got the top, I lifted some weights above my head (20 times) I then had to bring the ball back down the stairs (with the ball) and back up again to lift the weights 18 times.  He got me to do this until I only lifted the weights 2 times but he added a few extra stairs in here and there.  I was puffed but, not as buggered as what I normally am.

He headed over to the treadmill and I announced that I wanted to run.  It’s something I’ve thought about doing for a while but I didn’t want to not be able to do it for more than 10 seconds and have to stop and have the possibility of looking like a tool.  He asked me if I was sure and then bumped the treadmill up to 7.1kph.  I was running.  Well, very fast jogging but, I was doing it.  I couldn’t believe it.  It felt so good.  I did this for a minute and he stopped the treadmill.  I felt like crying.  I had actually just ran.  There was not a lot of time to think as he got me doing some more weights.  In between bi lat pull thingys, other weights where I lay down and push the thingys up and high fives, we went back on the treadmill.  I ran again!  We then went and did the same set of weights and I ran, once again.  I got up to 7.5kph.  And it may have been higher as Michael was increasing the speed (I didn’t look as I didn’t want to know how much I was doing!). 

I felt like I was out of that scene in Rocky where he has run up the steps and he knows that he is the shit. 

So, it’s now 8pm.  And I’m still on a high from what I achieved today.  It may not seem like a lot to some people but, for me, it is such an amazing notch to put on my fitness post ;) I can’t remember the last time I willingly ran anywhere.  A few weeks ago, I did a quick jog across the road to the Chemist (it was either that or be hit by a car) and I jogged into the house today as my delivery from Harry’s Rocky Road arrived (not recommended for people wanting to lose weight but oh so good for a treat – www.harrysrockyroad.com.au) and I wanted to get it from the front step before Brad did.  Cross Country would have been the last time I did any running of any substance.  I am so proud. 

I love this feeling.  I love the feeling of achieving and succeeding.  Being motivated.  And determined.  Getting the results that I have wanted for so long.  Reclaiming my life.  Looking at my Kids knowing that I am striving to be here for as long as I possibly can for them.  To be a Grandmother (and if God permits, a Great Grandmother!).  Anything that you put your mind too is possible.  How you get there is up to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment