Thursday, May 26, 2011

Birthdays, burns and a tiny bit of jogging...

I haven’t done my blog for a few days – so much has happened. I’ve been quite busy! Firstly, happy birthday to my gorgeous Callum for Tuesday – 10! He’s growing up!



I had a personal training session on Tuesday. Given the fact I am no longer able to wear my normal pants to the gym (because they keep falling down), I decided that it was time that I bit the bullet and started wearing leggings. No. I do not look good in leggings but, I have found that they allow me to get the job that I need to get done so much easier than what wearing pants did. I can’t remember the last time I wore leggings out in public so I was a bit self-conscious. I soon forgot about this when Michael came over and turned my treadmill up to a 9% incline and bumped the speed up to 6kph. I was not impressed (to say the least).


He got me to do some squats and some other things and then he pointed me in the direction of the treadmill again. He put it back on the same speed and the same incline. I started the walking and toward the end of it, I got a bit panicky as it felt as though I was going to fall off the back of it as my hands were slipping. He said I had 30 seconds left. I held onto the rails and ended up realising that if I wasn’t going to slip, I would have to jog. So, I did a tiny little jog. Perhaps 6 jogs? After I got off the treadmill, I realised that I was a bit excited that I had jogged! I didn’t particularly want to do it again right that second but I was quite ‘chuffed’, if that’s the word. I finished my session and I was absolutely exhausted at the end of it. I haven’t felt that tired after a PT session for quite some time. I ended up going home and having a Nanna nap to recover!


I really felt what I’d done in my legs yesterday. It’s not an injury pain but a ‘I’m a muscle that you haven’t used in a while’ pain. At work, I noticed that each time I got up, it hurt a little more. By the end of the day, I was so sore! I even found it hard to get into the car when I got to the station.


Last night, I had a bit of an accident. I was cooking my dinner (pan fried salmon) and I the tongs slipped and I dropped it into the pan. The oil splashed up onto my chest, my stomach and my hand. I won’t say the word that I said quite loudly last night when it happened but, believe me when I say it really, really, REALLY hurt. I had to stand under a cold shower for 15 minutes. I put some ice packs on the burns and some cold compresses and eventually got to sleep. The sores are not that bad this morning (they still really hurt) but I’ll go to the Doctors this afternoon to see what they say.


I had another PT session this morning. Today was nowhere near as bad as what Tuesday’s was! It was still hard and I certainly worked up a sweat. I had a lot of stairs to do and I did some upper body work. I feel great.


So, I weighed myself today. I weigh in at 179kg BUT remember, my scales aren’t right! They are roughly 6 kilograms out. So, I guesstimate that I am about 185kg. This would make me pleased as I’ve worked quite hard in the past few weeks on getting the right balance between diet, exercise and fluid intake (no Steph, alcohol and Chocolate do not count!).


I am very proud of my friend, Trish. On Monday, she commenced the Michelle Bridge’s 12 week body transformation www.12wbt.com and she’s doing really well. She’s lost 6.1 kilograms so far. She’s done so well :) she’s had a few setbacks which has stopped her form being able to keep up the routine at the gym however, she’s persisting and I’m very proud :)


Someone asked me the other day how my friend who has had the gastric sleeve is doing (not Tracey but the lady who had it done a few weeks ago). She’s doing really well. She’s been at the gym and is looking amazing. I am so proud of her. She’s lost a lot of weight – it’s 18 kilograms since the 2nd of April. It would be a bit more than that now because she hasn’t weighed herself for a week or so I don’t think. She recovered very quickly and is feeling great. Well done, honey xo

No comments:

Post a Comment