Monday, August 1, 2011

Me? A Personal Trainer? Yes, you read it right...

It’s been a while since I have blogged.  As you would have seen, it’s been a busy few weeks. 

I’ve been really sick over the past week.  I am not sure what I’ve had – it’s been a mixture of temperatures over 39 degrees, fatigue, a chesty cough, sore throat and I have been feeling AWFUL.  It’s been a VERY draining few days as the Kids have had it as well.  I am so tired.  It’s been a challenge on finding things to eat.  I have been having soups, nachos (!), porridge and I bought a Juicer on the weekend which has come in quite handy.  I am feeling a bit better tonight.  I haven’t done too well with my fluids over the weekend either.  This is something that I need to concentrate on this week.

I didn’t make it to my PT on Thursday – I’ve deferred that but I did go to Aqua on Thursday night with one of my friends.  It was great to catch up with her.  We’re going to make Thursday night Aqua a regular thing.  As per the Doctors orders, I have done no exercise at all.  I bought a Wii on Saturday and resisted playing some of the exercise games that came with it.  One thing that stops a few people getting some of the exercise games on the Wii is the fact that the balance board won’t take their weight.  I found a video on You Tube with a guy who shows us how to get around this – check it out…


I’m still feeling a bit shitty.  I am currently on the hunt for the perfect get away.  I am looking at day spas and investigating the possibility of going to the Peninsula Hot Springs.  There are a few other day spas that I have been sussing out but, I think that I am set on this one.  I might stay away for a night to have some alone time.  I have been so busy over the past month or so that I really need a break and there’s no time like the present.  I don’t know what it’s like to have alone time – with 4 kids, being alone is not something that is a common occurrence!  I am looking forward to it.

So, I started my Certificate IV in Fitness tonight.  In 16 weeks, I’ll be a qualified personal trainer :) I haven’t told a lot of people but, the Cat’s out of the bag now. 

I was the fattest in the class tonight which didn’t surprise me but, it is rather amusing being a fat chick in a class to do with fitness.  There are about 20 people in it.  I asked a lot of questions that didn’t seem to include variations when it comes to people who are overweight.  The trainer is fantastic.  We covered a lot of things in brief tonight and will start focusing on individual modules next week.

This time last week, I decided that this was something that I wanted to do.  The number of people I get Emailing me saying ‘I want to do this but…’ has made me realise that perhaps I can be in the position to help these people take that first step and realise their potential and realise that they can do it.  It’s achievable.  And once you start, in turn you’ll feel better about yourself and you won’t want to stop!  Sure, you’ll muck up from time to time – everyone does but, after those first few weeks, once you discovery part of yourself that you never you existed and you’ve gained some momentum, you’ll find that you can do it and it’s something you’ll want to keep on doing.  If you’re interested in me training with you, feel free to get in touch – I won’t be qualified until the end of November so, it’s something I won’t go with until the beginning of the year but, I’d love to hear from you if you’d like to train with me.   My Email address is movingforwardlookingforward@gmail.com
I am only going to be focusing on people who are Overweight.  This will be my passion.  And I have an idea of the style of training I am going to adapt.  I am very excited and look forward to helping people make a positive difference in their lives.  It CAN be done.  This time last year, who would have thought this is something that I’d be doing?  Almost 70kg down, I have discovered time and time again that anything is possible.

It’s been a while since I have mentioned some of my friends who I am incredibly proud of.  I’ll have to start doing it again as I only realised tonight that it had dropped off!  I need to start by congratulating Bec.  Bec is a busy girl who is studying, working and has twins the same age as mine.  She has started seeing a nutritionist and has also started exercising.  She lost 4.5kg this week.  I am so proud of her.  I am also proud of my other Bec – I might even ask if she’d be prepared to write something about her experiences at the moment as she is going so well.  I am not sure of her exact loss but, she’s been seeing a PT now for some time.  I am very pleased with her and how committed she is.  It’s amazing to see how well she’s doing.

I am proud of my Trishy.  She is coming to the last leg of her 12 week challenge and although she has sustained some injuries throughout, she has managed to lose a fantastic amount of weight.  I’m going to go to her Aqua class with her in a few weeks.  Am looking forward to her putting me to shame as she works her butt off.  And I am proud of Cath.  She has jumped back on the wagon and is now refocussed on her healthy eating . She does so well.  And it is hard work.  I am so lucky to have such inspirational girls around me.

If I have forgotten you, I’m sorry – I am tired!  But I am pleased to see people around me make a difference to their lives for the better.  I am proud xoxo

And I’m also off to bed xo

I should have gone to bed a few hours ago - I have a PT tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am so proud of you and so pleased for you. I would love for you to train me. Where are you going to be based? How much are you going to charge? I think I am 150kg. Is this okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. loosing weight is bloody hard work. at any size. thankfully i have 1.6kg to get to my goal yay (again). its a constant battle when u love food i think its worse than a drug or alcho addiction. food is everywhre!!!!

    u are doing great steffi. after the stress of the past few wks its no wonder ur sick. rest rest rest

    <3 cath

    ReplyDelete