Thursday, August 18, 2011

A tough PT session today...

Today I had the hardest PT I’ve had in a long time and from memory, I haven’t said that in a very long time!  I did a lot of cardio and a fair bit of leg work.  I wore my heart rate monitor today and I burnt 464 calories and averaged a heart rate of 145 beats per minute.  I wasn’t sure if I would wear it or not as one of my friends told me when they wore theirs for the first time, their PT pushed them SO hard to see how much they could do!  I was a bit worried that Michael might do that but instead, I think he used it as a guide to know when I might be at the ‘giving up’ stage (I only gave up once and that was due to asthma) but, I think it’s going to be a useful tool during my PT sessions.  Now I just have to remember to bring it with me each time I have a session!  I wore it to the gym yesterday and had similar results.  It is a clever little thing.  And I feel like such an elite athlete every time I wear it :)

I think I mentioned some time ago that my scales had broken.  I had to send off the back panel for a replacement and I finally did that today.  They should be here next week.  I am not sure if I am going to weigh myself weekly or if I’ll just keep it at what it is (being weighed every 6 weeks).  I quite like not knowing but I’d like to know how I’ve gone at the end of each week.  I suppose it’s just added pressure and if I haven’t lost as much as I would have, it’s just a let down but, if I have kicked butt I think it would be nice to know.

I’ve got so much Homework to do from my Course.  I shall try and get most of it done tonight.  I don’t know where I find the time to do everything that needs to be done.  Next week will be a bit of a challenge as it’s my first week of working 4 days per week.  I’ll see how I go for 6 weeks before fully committing myself.  Squeezing the gym in whilst balancing home life is going to be the interesting part…

I’ve also done well with keeping my fluids up today.  I wasn’t so good yesterday but, I had heaps of water and diet drinks today.  I am going to make sure I reach for the drink tomorrow at work rather than reach for the cheese and biccies!  I have a constant craving for creamed cheese and biccies at the moment.  Those thin wafer ones go down so well and I could just eat them constantly.  Not good.  Although they are not high in KJ, they are not that great for me to have as they don’t contain everything I need.

I’ve had a great response to guest bloggers.  I am going to start running them next week.  Some of the stories I have been sent are so inspiring.  It’s good that they are all from different stages of weight loss.  If you’d like to send yours in, feel free – movingforwardlookingforward@gmail.com and I’ll share your story with our readers.  Anonymity is assured if requested.

Hope everyone is having a great week J

1 comment:

  1. i am an avid follower of your blog and its great to see the weight loss you have achieved. However it seems now that you have lost some weight you are far to busy to blog? it would be nice if you could pop in and let your followers know how your doing more than once a week-10 days?

    ReplyDelete