Friday, August 26, 2011

3 times a week? I hope I can...

It’s been such a busy week!  Where do start…

I guess I’ll start with a message I got on my blog today which made me feel bad.  It was from an ‘avid follower’ of my blog and they said the weight loss I have achieved so far has been great however, it seems since I have lost some weight I am far too busy to blog.  As it was anonymous, I can’t reply personally to the person so, I thought I’d do it publically.

I am sure everyone knows a bit about me by now but just in case, I shall write about me in a nutshell.  I work 4 days per week (I leave home at 6ish in the morning and get home around about the same time that night), I am studying for my Certificate IV in fitness (which is about 10 hours a week on top of my 2 and a half hour lecture per Monday) and on top of that, I am a housewife.  But my most important job is being a Mum.  I have 4 Children – Lachie (12 – year 7), Callum (10 – Grade 4) and I have 3 and a half year old twins.  Live is very, very, very hectic! 

I feel quite bad knowing that I don’t have the time to update my blog a much as what I used to .  I guess you could say there is a correlation between me losing weight to me blogging less as I have lost a fair bit of weight and have found other things that I can do to fill in the time where I was content to sit on the couch and surf the net.  I have more energy and enjoy getting out where previously I was a bit of a Hermit.

I love writing my blog and I did intend on writing tonight even without getting a friendly prompt.  I feel bad that I don’t get to writing something as much as what I used to but things have just been so busy around here lately, it’s been hard to keep up with everything!  I often think I have bitten off more than I can chew sometimes…

I am off to see Doctor Winnett on Thursday.  I am looking forward to it as I think my band is a bit tight.  I can’t keep any food down, I can only have liquid.  I have been having shakes today and I’ll do the same for the rest of the week.  Lucky I’ve got some Optifast left over!  My new scales arrived yesterday and I weighed on them.  It said that I am 171.2!  That means (if they are correct), I’ve lost a total of 71.8kg in 386 days!  It means that I am losing 1.3kg on average per week.  And it means that I am well on track to reaching my end of year goal which I have set at 150kg :) according to my iPhone app (target weight), if I keep going the way I am going at the moment, I’ll be 150kg on the 17.12.2011.  That would be a nice Christmas present.

I’ve been on Twitter a fair bit of late.  I check all these sorts of things on the way home in the train. I am going to compile a list of people who I find quite interesting to follow and start putting some links up to some really interesting articles about weight, public perception, medical findings and anything else that people are writing about.  There’s some very funny things to read out there!  My user ID on Twitter is iamabeetle – feel free to follow me if you’d like :)

I hope everyone has a nice weekend planned.  I am on the hunt for a new Car :) I have been looking at a few different types - a Kia Grand Carnival, Ford Territory, Holden Captiva and a Mitsubishi Grandis.  It’s going to be hard to work out what sort to get.  And because the Car required is to carry so many people, it’s hard to find out that suits!  I am enjoying the experience although it is going to be difficult to get past all of those nagging car Salesman!
I am hoping to spend some time with Trishy on Sunday as well.  It’s her birthday next week (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TRISHY XOXO).  I have a few things to give to her that I’ve started putting in a bag so that I don’t forget them.  I also have the same for Carly – I have her birthday present here and I keep forgetting to bring it in!  I am also hoping to have some drinks next Friday night with the gorgeous Cath and Lucy.  It would be nice to get out for a few hours and relax.  I shall have to see how the rest of the week pans out as I am exhausted after the last few days –it’s been so busy!

Hope everyone is well xo and I shall attempt to blog at least three times a week –even if I don’t have anything exciting to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment