Friday, February 24, 2012

Relay for Life tomorrow!

This week has been rather uneventful.  I have been in a bit of pain and have been vomitting quite a lot.  I find that I have a fair bit of reflux and am now really looking forward to getting my band replaced.  6 sleeps to go! 

Like I've said, I am looking forward to continuing my banding journey and getting the rest of this weight off.  I have just under 100kg to loose still.  And I want it gone.  My weight loss has really been at a stand still over the past few months due to the problems I've had and I can't wait until I'm all ready to go again.

That book 'eating by the light of the moon' arrived yesterday.  I am looking forward to reading it.

Tomorrow, I'll be participating in my 3rd relay for life.  It is going to be 37 degrees!  I am realy looking forward to getting out there and getting the job done!  It is going to be quite hot for the first 5 hours or so until the sun goes down completly.  I am working out ways on how I can help keep my team cool!  One of them is a small baby pool full of ice and water to dip out towels in.  I'll also bring some ice packs and plenty of drinks. 

If you haven't yet donated (or are one of the many who said they will but haven't had the chance yet), please go to http://vic.cancercouncilfundraising.org.au/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=323513 as every cent counts.  Lachlan and Callum are doing the relay with me again.  I think it's a fantastic oppertunity for them to be able to understand what cancer takes and how you are able to give back.  I am proud of them.  I wonder if Lachie will be able to stay up all night like he has the last 2?  Callum has gone to sleep at around about 4.  Either way, Sunday is always written off as we just sleep!

I also have an appointment with a psychologist to talk to about my weight.  I am looking forward to catching up with them and going through some issues surrounding my weight and why I am where I am.  This has been such a journey and as I have said a few times, I don't know myself at the moment.  I am looking forward to being able to reclaim some of that over the next few months. 

I have been thinking a lot about working out what I want to do in the next few years.  I have never been one to do a 2 year plan or anything like that but I want to work toward a goal.  I think this would help keep me focussed and on track and perhaps it will encouarge me not to have so many 'stand still' moments. 

Wish me luck for tomorrow and I'll post after the relay!  If I'm not a shrivveled up prune from being in the heat for so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment