Friday, February 10, 2012

The good news, the bad news and the 'so so' news...

The good news - Doctor Winnett is pretty sure I don't have to have surgery... yet.  The bad news - I don't know what is causing my pain.  The so so' news - I don't like the unknown.

I went and had my Gastroscopy today.  I actually quite enjoyed some of the 2 hour wait as I walked down to Altona beach and I lay down on the sand looking at the sky.  I could have fallen asleep.  It was lovely to lay in the sunshine.  There was a bit of a breeze.  I had sand all over me.  I wish I had have gone down there at the start of my wait - I would have been very relaxed prior to my procedure.

The anesthetist introduced himself and I went into the room where the Gastroscopy would take place.  Jason had a look at my pictures from the Barium Swallow that I had on Tuesday.  When I woke up, he said to me that the pictures weren't as bad as what the report made them sound.  He said my pouch is a bit big but no where near big enough to have to worry about having Surgery at this stage.  He booked me in for next Thursday where he'll find out how I am and I might have my 2ml put back in.  He said we'll go slowly and he may need to operate again after I've lost another 40kg or so to make sure everything is in place.  I plan on losing that by the end of the year.

I am still in a fair amount of pain  Tomorrow morning I am going to make a menu up of the foods that I am going to eat this week.  I am going to make sure they are high fibre foods and I shall also concentrate on my water intake.  I've been doing pretty well but, I now know that it's going to be a bit tricky from here on in.  I don't have a lot of fluid in my band so I am going to be a bit hungry.  I am also going to be tempted to eat foods that I haven't eaten in a while as I know that they'll 'go down'.  But, I'll do it.  And I'll do it with flying colours.  I am proud of how I have gone so far.  It's all about moving forward and looking forward :)

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking about you all day.

    Cant' wait to hear how you go on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really, really proud of you. I only just found your blog today. I have really enjoyed reading it all. I have spent hours enjoying it today. It's like a book I have not been able to put down. Thank you so much for sharing your story. You're awesome. I can't wait to read the rest of your adventure.

    ReplyDelete