Monday, February 20, 2012

5 sleeps until Melton Relay for Life 2012

Only 5 sleeps until the relay!  I am really excited.  It is going to be an awesome night.  I just got back from the pre relay meeting and they have some fantastic things lined up.  Terryl and Rick are aiming high and are going for 36 laps each!  The track is just over 36km long.  I have no doubt that they'll be able to do it.  I am going to try and match them.  We have an awesome team and I really look forward to participating in my 3rd Relay for Life.  Lachlan and Callum are pumped as usual.  They get so much out of the Relay.  I wonder if Callum will walk as much as he has in the past years?  It is a music theme so I am happy I bought him his Michael Jackson glove today :) he'll be in his element.

Please sponsor me!  I'll stop asking once I hit my target of $200!

http://vic.cancercouncilfundraising.org.au/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=323513&langPref=en-CA&Referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.relayforlife.org.au%2FGetInvolved%2FSponsorATeamOrIndividual.aspx

If everyone who visted my blog each day donated $1, I'd raise about $240!  And that would be fantastic :)

It's also only 8 sleeps until my surgery.  I've been trying not to think about it.  I've had other things on my mind in the recent weeks that seem to take up a lot more of my time than worrying about my surgery.  I am feeling a lot better though now that I am out of pain. 

Stay tuned for my February pics that I took at the start of the month and of course the relay photos that I'll post after the event.

I'm enjoying being able to eat some different types of foods - I enjoyed a salad roll on the weekend and even munched on 2 points of sandwiches tonight at the Relay for Life meeting.  Oh how I miss bread!  I shall enjoy it whilst it lasts which won't be long at all...

Hope everyone had an awesome Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment