Thursday, February 16, 2012

1st of March 2012 - lock it in!

I saw Doctor Winnett this morning. 

He went over all of my barium swallow images, one by one and compared them all.  He checked my shoulder to make sure that the pain I am having isn't muscular skeletal and poked me in the ribs.  He weighed me (I'm down a kilo and a half since last week - go me!) and he checked my stomach.  He is going to put a new band in.  Like we agreed, I've been going around in circles with these problems since September and I've had enough.

I spoke to him about the possibility of having a gastric sleeve.  He told me that it is still very risky given my weight.  I think that for now, I'll have the lap band replaced and if I need to have another one before it's expected that I'd need one, I'll have gastric sleeve done.  By then, I'll be a lot smaller than what I am and there won't be so many risks associated with having the surgery. 

I'm still being sick and have experienced a little bit of reflux this afternoon but other than that, I hope the next 2 weeks go quickly as the mixture of vomiting, aches and pains and not being able to do any strenuous exercise is not something I am too excited about.

I'm also happy that the Surgery has been pushed back as that means I can participate in relay for life which is something I wasn't going to be able to do.  I hadn't wanted to think about that too much but can verbalise it now!  That's next weekend.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I shall take it easy but at least I'll be able to participate in it. 

Thank you everyone for your support over the past few weeks.  I really appreciate it. 

The next few weeks are going to be a roller coaster of some sorts I suppose.  I remember what it was like this time in November 2010 - I was a nervous wreck!  I am happy I know what to expect this time although I am still not very excited.  The only thing I am excited about is getting back on track... moving forward, looking forward 2.0 :) it also means I'll have a second bandversary!  Yay!  Sort of like Christmas in July without the yummy foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment