Monday, July 20, 2015

Another quickie

After another sleepless night last night, I was ecstatic to go and get some fluid taken out of my band today!

They took .3ml out of my band before they did the barium swallow.  The barium tasted revolting but I was told it was supposed to taste like strawberries.  It tasted like I was drinking the sweat out of someone's sandy sneakers.  It was vile.  I had to take 3 large mouthfuls of it.  Urgh.  To do the stress test, they get you to eat some food prior to taking more pictures.  I was handed a double chocolate chip cookie!  I asked them if they had any saladas or something else that I could have as I mentioned I was concerned about how bad it was for me and they offered me their only other alternative - a Tim Tam.  I stuck with the cookie. 

A photo of my port with the needle inside it.

I know I'll hear from Dr Winnett if there is anything to be concerned about.  He'll have the pictures by tomorrow morning so I'll sit and wait until then.  I also have a Gastroscopy booked for early August to check out if there's anything interesting going on inside. 


It's so nice to be able to eat and drink again!  I didn't realise how bad things were until after they had taken the fluid out.  From the moment I sat up, I could feel that it was better.  I look forward to having a good sleep tonight.  I certainly need it. 

I've had a few questions about my banding issue.  Has my band slipped?  I don't know.  I'll find out tomorrow.  Was there too much fluid in there?  Yes, it appears as though that was the case.  It didn't feel like to begin with but over time, it got worse and worse.  Am I going to have a sleeve procedure if I need to have more surgery?  Probably not.  But it's not something I'm worrying about right now.

I have my PT tomorrow which I'm looking forward to.  I have so much to do tomorrow but hardly any time!  I am going to work on my meal plan for the week as well which takes quite a while.  I'm looking forward to the rest of the week and doing much as I can :)

No comments:

Post a Comment