Friday, July 24, 2015

5 weeks in and still going strong

Well, I'm 5 weeks in and I'm still going strong.  When you decide to change something, I find it quite invigorating when you make it to (or past) a certain point that you weren't even sure you'd get to.  The last 5 weeks has gone really quick and I'm glad that I am more determined than ever to stay to keep going and see this through.

The issues I had with my band are no longer bothering me which is good.  I can still eat, drink and sleep without any issues.  I actually had a steak on Wednesday night for the first time years without worrying if I was going to vomit or not (steak is normally a big no no when you have a lap band as it gets stuck).  I am still very mindful that I can eat more and I am still very careful when making decisions regarding my food choices.

I've decided that I am going to set a goal for myself at the beginning of each week.  I'm going to put some thought to them as I want them to be achievable yet challenging.  Some of the things that have gone through my head are drinking 2 litres of water a day (I'm not great at that!), going to the gym 5 times a week (without fail!), eating more fruit and vegetables or trying a new class at the gym.  This will keep me focussed and engaged.

I'm finding that my fitness levels are increasing quite rapidly.  I was on the cross trainer last night for 6 minutes - that is the most I've ever done.  I had my personal training session with Neil last night and I think he was quite impressed with the fact that I was able to talk through most of my session (impressed that I could do it, not so impressed that I'm a chatterbox!).  Due to all the excitement with my band, I wasn't able to attend my favourite classes at the gym this week (aqua and fat blaster) but I look forward to going back next week.

I put on some weight this week which didn't really bother me.  I have lost lots of centre meters over the last month which is good.  I think regardless of what the scales say, so long as you know you've done the right thing then you're fine.  I wasn't able to do much exercise last week due to the my band issues so I am putting it down to that.  It will motivate me to work harder this week :)

I'm putting together a list of questions that I get asked about my band and I'll share them with you in a few weeks.  The answers are purely based on my experiences and as everyone's experiences are different, I always direct people to a form called 'banding together'.  You will find lots of bandits at all different stages who are happy to answer your questions.  They are full of helpful information and they are a great bunch of people - head over to www.bandingtogether.com.au should you wish to check the forum out :) 

I hope everyone has an amazing weekend xo

No comments:

Post a Comment