Thursday, September 1, 2011

WEIGH DAY! 74.1kg down in 393 days!

It’s been a busy few days! 

To start with, it’s my second week at work where I am working 4 days rather than the 3.  This might not sound like a lot to some but for me, it’s huge!  I took 4 a total of 4 and a half years off in work beginning in 2007.  I returned last year in March and since then, I have done 3 days a week.  Adding the extra 2 days per fortnight has been a bit of a challenge but I think I’m starting to adjust.  Considering I had yesterday and today off, it has made things a little easier!

I went and saw Dr Winnett today.  My and has been giving me some grief over the past few weeks.  I haven’t been able to keep much more than liquids down for most of the last week.  It’s been tough as sometimes even the liquid wouldn’t stay down.  It’s been so unpredictable that I have spent the last week with an empty cup on my desk at work just in case I need to be sick.  Well, today that seems to have changed!  He took .3ml out of my band and it’s made a massive difference.  So much so, I was able to keep my tiny serve of Nachos down :) and considering that, it means now that I am going to be relying on will power a lot more than what I have had to in the last month say.  I am not going to have certain foods just in case they DO stay down.  I don’t think I want to know!

I got weighed today as well :) Here are the stats…

‎I am 168.9kg
I lost 7.9kg over the past 6 weeks. 
I have lost 74.1kg down in 393 days!

Goodbye 170s FOREVER!

He wants me to have a Gastroscopy on Monday next week  so he can just check that everything is okay.  I am sure it is especially after spending the afternoon with my ‘loosened band’ but, it’s better to be safe than sorry.

I’ve been looking for a new car over the past few weeks.  I have sat in so many cars and each one I’ve sat in, I’ve realized that this time last year, I wouldn’t have been able to do it!  I wouldn’t have fit in any of them.  I remember that it was around about 12 months ago that I wasn’t able to fit in my Mother’s Car or my friend’s 4wd.  I am going to have to have another go at sitting in their Cars to see how much I’ve changed.

I am feeling fantastic :) I can’t remember when I felt like this.  I am wearing clothes that I haven’t worn in almost 4 years.  Don’t get me wrong, it’s not easy!  I think I say that a lot but, it’s not.  I put SO MUCH work into losing this weight.  I don’t sit on my butt and expect it to happen on it’s own.  I am the one who goes to the Gym, I am the one who says no to the things that I know I can eat but know I shouldn’t, I am the one who is putting in the effort – the band just assists when regulating meal sizes.  And I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, having a lap band is not the easy way out.  It is actually a lot harder than not having one!  You have to put so much thought into everything that goes in your mouth.  It’s hard work but it’s something that I am so glad I did.  I hate to think where I’d be now if I hadn’t had it.  I often wonder if I’d be here at all…

What’s on for the next 6 weeks? To start getting into a routine where I can go to the gym in the morning, to make sure I continue to say NO to all those bad but oh so good foods, to try and relax a little more, to enjoy the Spring Weather, to study hard and to enjoy my life as everything seems to be going so well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment