Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Today was a good day :)

Today went really well :) I managed to stick to all of my goals other than the drinking 2 litre one – I’ll get to that in a minute.

I woke up migraine free this morning which is fantastic. I didn’t use Martin like I intended on doing but I shall wear him tonight. For those of you wondering who Martin is, he is my CPAP machine. I used to use Herman but he suffered a power surge so I had to get a replacement.

I went to weigh myself. Wednesday is weigh day after all however, the scales did not agree with me this morning. The batteries were flat so they told me that I weighed 117kg! That certainly woke me up! I hunted around for fresh batteries but couldn’t find any. I will have to buy some tomorrow and I will then weigh myself on Friday morning as I am sure that I weigh a bit more (well, much more) than 117kg.

I made my lunch to take to work for the first time in ages. I bought a small tub of yoghurt, an apple and an avocado and cheese wholegrain sandwich. I ate all of my food but not in a hurry. I spaced it out over the day. A lot better than my Sushi rolls or being tempted by the possibility of purchasing something from bread top!

Although I can eat bread at the moment, it takes quite some time to go down and as I had been drinking (I’d had maybe around the 300ml mark), it took me forever to eat my sandwich. I managed half of it. I had also been eating the yoghurt at the same time. I got through half a tub. After I had eaten, I wasn’t thirsty which then mucked up my plans on drinking more. I refilled my water bottle again at 4ish. No, not the best effort but I shall do better tomorrow. I still swear by my diet cordial but have cut back on my diet cordial consumption.

I was going to do Overtime at work tonight but my headache returned so, I went home. I ended up going to the gym tonight. I walked for half an hour. I walked 2.6km in that time. I was really pleased with my efforts.

It was strange going back to the gym for a few reasons. I haven’t been since just after my Surgery. I don’t wear closed shoes – they don’t fit due to my lymphodema so putting sneakers on (or should I say, having them put on) is a strange experience (I have lived in Havianas for the past 3 years). I went because I had the drive to go. I found myself with so much going through my head that I needed to take my mind off it for a while. It was quite a strange sensation when I walked tonight. I kept the top half distracted whilst I continued to make the bottom half move. That’s the only way I got through the half an hour was to not think about what was going on below my belly button! I am trying to make an appointment to see a personal trainer (I have a voucher they sent me for my birthday for a free session and I also have one that I paid for when I signed up). I am looking forward to seeing them – I am hoping they can write me out a fitness regime that I can stick to and is going to make me work all the right places.

I had a can of ‘Chunky’ soup when I got home and it has done more than fill me up :)

I also got in touch with my Sister today who is going to do the relay for life with me. I also phoned my Nanna and let her know that’s what we’re doing. She was so pleased. Still trying to think of a team name. I am registering us tomorrow. I am really going to have to make sure I train for this event. I think I have underestimated the stamina that is required to complete it without passing out halfway through! I am so excited about it and I am happy my Nanna is as well. She won’t be attending but, I’ll be sending her photos and videos so that she can see how we went.

So, my friend on Facebook (Aunty Ronda) must have read my blog last night and she has let me know she is happy to be identified as my motivator. She has been great. She was really the ‘kick up the arse’ that I needed. Just by asking me how I had been going with my walking and drinking was enough to bring me ‘here’. Back to the place I was last year – the land of motivation.

I did some things today that I have never done before. They may sound small but, they are huge to me. I walked up the ramp after getting off the train at North Melbourne Station. I normally jump on the escalator. I also walked up flight f stairs at work. This is a huge thing for me. The stairs are fine – it’s just the fact I know am 15 floors up. That thought doesn’t do much for me at all.

Tomorrow, I am back to the gym. As Brad has to put my shoes and socks on for me, I’ll have to get him to do it before he leaves for work. I can’t wait until I can put them on myself. Such a small thing but, will be huge for me when I can.

I am feeling great and so motivated. I’m so happy that I’m back. I hope I can keep this feeling. Last time, it stayed for a few months. Let’s hope that it does the same thing this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment