Monday, November 6, 2017

WTF? 2.3kg on?

I can say without a word of a lie that over the past week, I have been eating perfectly.  I haven't had anything that isn't on my list of things to have, I have watched my portion sizes and I have exercised 6 out of the 7 days of the week just gone so you can imagine my shock when I jumped on the scales this morning and I had put on 2.3kg since last week!  This time last Monday, I was 192.1kg and this morning I am 194.4kg.

Although I'm not best pleased about the numbers, I'm not all that disappointed as I know for a fact that I have done everything right!  It's making me wonder if I should just weigh myself once a fortnight or maybe even just once a month?  There isn't anything I would change about the last week.  I am really proud of how well I've done and I know that my scales aren't wrong but given the fact I'm a female, I know how much the menstrual cycle loves nothing more than to fudge the numbers, I would be building muscle and I have drank more water in the last week than I have in the past year so I know that I'd be retaining fluid. 

My skin feels better over the last week, I am more alert, I haven't had coffee in 10 days, I'm moving more, I'm setting a better example for my kids, I haven't had the up and down energy levels that I have experienced over the past few months nor have I had any sugar withdrawal headaches for over a week!  I'm feeling great.  This can't be measured by the scales.  I'm feeling fantastic.

My goals for this week?  To do exactly the same thing as I did last week but harder!  I'll increase the amount of time I am exercising for and I will push myself even further.  I'll continue to go to the gym before work in the morning and I'll carry on with how I'm planning out the meals.  I am feeling better than I have in a long time and the scales are not the only thing that will determine my success along this journey.  They will only motivate me to keep going and try harder.

I've had a lot of people ask what I'm following and it's called 'healthy Mummy'.  It's clean eating and I am loving it.  There are some amazing recipes and the kids are enjoying it as well.  I joined the 28 day challenge after trying it for 7 days for $1 as I was hooked!  You can check it out here https://www.healthymummy.com/28-day-challenge-signup/?lbwref=868 there are Facebook groups with some of the most inspiring women I've met.  I feel lucky to be part of something which has been life changing and something I actually enjoy doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment