Thursday, November 16, 2017

The humble Coles sponge cake ;)

I didn't realise I hadn't blogged in almost a week!  Don't worry - I'm still sticking at it and I've been around on my Facebook page and my Instagram but I need to remember to update here as well!  My Facebook page is www.facebook.com/movingforwardlookingforward and my Instagram user ID is @movingforwardlookingforward

I've had a productive week.  I have stuck to my gym days ensuring that I went on each day except for the days that I work but I'm still yet to work out where to fit in the extra gym session.  I'm thinking Friday or Wednesday morning (it just depends when I can stomach getting up at 4.30am!).

I went for a swim early Saturday morning.  I did laps and also did lots of squats and lunges (I find this hard to do when I'm not in the water) but really enjoy the weightless feeling that water brings.  

On Sunday, I decided to get back into the couch to 5k app.  For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it's an app that gradually introduces running into your routine and says that you'll be off the couch and running 5k in 28 days!  Hmmm, I don't imagine they suspected that a 192kg woman would take up the challenge!  I don't think I'll be running 5k in 28 days but I am giving it my all when I do it.  I've ran 4 times this week and can do around 40 seconds each time (it's interval training).  When I do it, I feel strong, centered and in the zone.  I had a girl running next to me on Monday who acknowledged how well I was doing claiming that she isn't able to run.  I challenge anyone who says they can't do something to give it a shot (obviously if there are no medical reasons for not having a go and no, laziness and having a strong sense of the CBF factor).  

I weighed myself on Monday. I weighed in at 192.3kg and I was 194.4kg the week before.  That's a loss of 2.1kg.  I'm very pleased with that and considering my food was on point as was my exercise (and that I hadn't lost anything the week before), I didn't expect any less!  I hope for the same results on Monday.  

I have eaten so well this week.  I haven't done so well with my water but I have been under my calories each day and have been able to enjoy creamy pastas, sausage bake, stove top lasagna and lots of snacks in between!  The kids have continued to adapt well to not having sugar and I'm still enjoying it and feeling amazing because of it which brings me to my blog title.  I was in Coles tonight and I walked past the $5 Coles iced sponge cake (the one with jam).  I looked at it and was amazed that not even 4 weeks ago I would have picked it up and put it in my basket (especially because it was the last one there!) to divulge tonight and have any that is left over tomorrow.  On the other side, there were some salted caramel fudge slices that I used to love buying. I confess to eating both of the slices in one sitting on more than one occasion but I felt so proud that I no longer do that.  It's not to say that I'll never have food like this again but I am not in a hurry to do so at all.  I'm enjoying the feeling I have at the moment way too much to give it up for something as stupid as a sponge cake which never had enough jam on it anyway!



My FitBit shows that my resting heart rate has gone down again in the last week.  I now have a resting heart rate of 58 beats per minute (BPM) and when I started focusing on my eating and exercise again, it was at 66BPM.  It's gone down almost 10BPM in a few weeks which is amazing.  I am going to have a blood test tomorrow to see where I'm at with other things internally.  I'll be tested for liver function, diabetes, thyroid issues and cholesterol and I'll be retested again in 3 months or so just to see how things are going.  I have always had very good results in the past when I Have had these blood tests so I hope that there are no surprises.  



I've booked into see the plastic surgeon in February 2018.  I'm quite nervous about it to be honest but look forward to hearing what the Doctor has to say.  I hope to have lost a further 18kg before I see them as I recall that is what Dr Winnett said I would have to do before I could be operated on to have my lower stomach removed.  I don't think I'll know myself once it's gone.  I'm really looking forward to what I'll be able to achieve once I'm no longer trapped by it.

As always, I'm so grateful for everyone's support xo it's fantastic to have so many wonderful people surround me on this journey.  


No comments:

Post a Comment