Saturday, November 25, 2017

What an awesome week!

It's been a fantastic week!  I didn't realise that I hadn't blogged for quite a while.  I think it's because I update Facebook and Instragram daily that I forget about my blog.  Where was I up to...

I haven't blocked since last Thursday night.  So much has happened since then!  I'm still going strong with my eating and exercise.  As an emotional eater, I have dreaded the first time that I got stressed and felt like eating my feelings.  I had my first test the other day where I got a bit stressed and felt like I could demolish a whopper with cheese (actually, a quadruple whopper with cheese!).  I drove past Hungry Jacks without a second thought and took a huge bite of my apple!  Although I didn't think I would have gone there, I know I would occasionally stop there on the way home from work to have a sneaky burger without the kids knowing. 

I've made sure that on a work day that I pack an piece of fruit to eat on the way home as if I have this, I am not hungry when I walk in the door and don't snack whilst making dinner.  It's small changes like this that I have introduced that help keep me going and allow me to stick to my plan.

I went for a walk/run with the twins last week.  They have never seen me run!  I had my couch to 5k app going and when it asked me to run, I did!  The twins were on their bikes and they turned around and saw me.  They started laughing before asking me what I was doing.  I told them that I was running and once they realised I was serious (and stopped calling me the park monster), they each took turns riding their bikes next to me.  The park near me has a big hill and a cricket ground and there were kids training on it and their parents were all sitting on the side watching.  When I was about 20 meters away from the cricket club, my app said 'start running'.  So I did.  For a moment I was hesitant as I know that a fat person running can be something quite curious but I thought 'f*ck it' and did it anyway.  I couldn't tell you if anyone was looking nor could I tell you if anyone cared.  I was running, staring at the ground (so I didn't fall flat on my face!) with my 9 year old son beside me and right at that very moment, I was so proud.  



I headed to the gym on Saturday an did lots of weights as this is something that I haven't been incorperating over the last few weeks.  It's so important that I do.  I bought some gloves to wear whilst doing them as my hands get so sweaty and I lose grip.  That is asking for trouble!  I'm sure people are sick of seeing my sweaty selfies but I am actually quite impressed at how sweaty I get after a work out!  I purposely avoid wearing dark tops so that I can see how hard I've worked when the front is all soaked!  I know, I know - I'm strange but it is very satisfying!  


Yes, I was pulling silly faces on purpose :P

I was very pleased with myself when I had my offical weigh day on Monday where i had lost .08kg which bought me down to 191.5kg (I was 192.3kg the week prior) but I was even MORE pleased when I weighed myself on Wednesday to find that I had managed to sneak out of the 190's - I WAS 189KG!  I NEVER want to see the 190's again.  Ever, ever, EVER!  I am also setting myself a goal to see the 170's by the end of the new year.  I am hoping that I can do it (and will do everything I can to get there).  Monday falls on the 1st of January 2018 and I would LOVE to stand on those scales and be in the 170's.  Even if I was 179.9kg, I would be ecstatic.  This is my new goal :)

Goodbye 190s!

I started seeing a new personal trainer last week - his name is Ivan.  Ivan has been teaching my kids basketball for the last 12 months or so and I've been impressed with the way he encourages them and makes them feel good about what they are doing.  I was wrapped when I saw that he also does personal training so I had my first session on Tuesday.  For 60 minutes, he put me through my paces and every single inch of my body felt it!  He filmed bits and pieces of the session (with my permission of course!) and I must admit that I find it really hard to watch it all!  The reason being is when I am running in the video, I feel like I am going 20kmph but I actually look like a turtle!  I worked my BUTT off during that session and I hope it shows.  I have shared clips of it on my FB page - www.facebook.com/movingforwardlookingforward but I took this photo from the video as my face is a mixture of sheer determination, pain and OMG I'm going to die!  I know it's not the most flattering of photos but it's one that I look on with pride.  



I am going to back to see him on Monday (I'm really looking forward to it).  Ivan runs basketball clinics along with basketball parties!  He's based Melton and I highly recommend him (even if he does inflict pain on myself and others!).  Check out his page here - https://www.facebook.com/TheIvanHarrisHoopsAcademy/

I had a rest day on Friday and although I could have gone to the gym (my body clock is a bit stupid lately and I wake up at 4!), I decided not to so that my ankle could have a rest but I have been every single day and even went this morning where I managed to get some swimming in before the swim school started (I quickly got out of the pool so I didn't have to do so in front of all the kiddies!).  

So next week I shall keep doing what I've been doing for the last month - eating well, exercising and drinking water (it sounds simple when I say it like that!).  I also want to check out a thing called mPort.  I'm not sure if you've heard of them but it's where you go an get a scan of your body.  They use infared technology to scan your body and it is able to tell you things about your measurements.  Height, weight, biceps, chest, hips, waist, thighs - you name it, it measures it.  It then generates a 3D avatar which you store on app so when you attend the pod next time, you can compare how well you've done!  Check it out - https://mport.com/ and let me know if you've used one!  I'd love to hear about it.  I may (or may not!) share my avatar with the world when I get it done!

I am going to be planning Christmas treats over the next few days as well.  Christmas at my place this year will look very different to those in the past.  I bought a magazine today to have a flick through and I'll also check out some books at the library.  I'm really looking forward to what sort of things I can come up with this year so my children don't get a crazy sugar high!  If you have any nice recipes, send them through!  I'd love to check them out.

I wanted to thank everyone again for their support and encouragement over the last few weeks.  It is so nice to hear how I am inspiring others to make a difference in their lives.  Knowing that people have started running because they've seen me do it or the fact they have gone into the pool for the first time in years because they have seen I can is very humbling.  I am so blessed to have amazing people in my life.  You can do anything you put your mind to - mind over matter.  Yes, it CAN be hard but it is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment