Friday, November 10, 2017

Don't worry - I haven't gone MIA!

Yay!  It's Friday!  And what a week it's been.

First of all, I know I've been quiet over the past few days but that doesn't mean I've gone MIA!  I've been at work and so busy!  

I went to the gym on Monday and Tuesday but I haven't been since.  I've decided that my rest days will be my work days as although I love working out first thing in the morning, getting up at 4.30 was proving to be a bit of a struggle!  I may only do it on Friday morning as I'd like to aim to exercise 5 days per week.  Even if I go to aqua aerobics on a Thursday night, at least I'm getting it in.  I shall work it out next week to better suit my commitments but I'll be back at the gym tomorrow.

As far as eating goes, I have had another fantastic week.  I haven't been that great with my water intake but as far as my food goes, I haven't skipped a beat.  I've been making the most amazing meals - hamburgers, mexican lasagna, enchiladas and meatballs with pasta doesn't sound healthy but they are what's on the menu of 'Healthy Mummy' which is the food we have been having for 2 weeks now.  For the first time in years, I've had healthy and wholesome food for every single meal and I've noticed so many positive things!

The last 2 weeks have been amazing.  I haven't had coffee (or any caffeine) in that time, I haven't had to take pain killers for headaches in that time (except for the initial few sugar withdrawal days!), I've been feeling more energetic, happier, more alert and like I can take on the world.  I haven't had any really strong cravings for things which has also been good.  I'm still not sure if I'm going to weigh myself on Monday as these victories are just as good as any weight loss.  I also noted that my resting heart rate has continued to go down which is a relief.  Check this out!

My resting heart rate - from 65BPM to 61BPM in 10 days!

All in all, I couldn't be happier.  Next week, one of my work colleagues (who walks really, really fast!) has offered to go for a walk with me at lunch time so I'll bring my runners in and do some exercise at lunch time.  As my job is mostly sitting down, it will be refreshing to get out and about for that half an hour.  He promised he will go slow!  I'm very appreciative for his gentle coaxing and encouragement.  

I'm feeling excited about the next few weeks and look forward to seeing how good I feel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment