Sunday, January 15, 2012

Exercising has returned :)

Some people often ask me what I do for exercise.  I do blog about it but if you're a regular reader, you would know that I have been very slack when it comes to the exercise department for the past few months.  This changed on Friday.

I went to the gym on Friday and did a very short but worthwhile work out.  I walked on the treadmill, used the medicine ball and did some steps.

I didn't do anything yesterday as I watned to give my legs a break - my legs are quite sore (a good sore) but today, they had gotten so bad that I knew the only way to stop them from feeling like that would to be work them so today, I went to the local park and did a work out.  I did laps of the cricket pitch - up and back.  Running on the way up and power walking on the way back and when I got to the end, I did 20 punches.  I did this 20 times.  I did 10 push ups.  They KILL me but, they need to be done.  Lachlan (my personal trainer for the day) said that I do a girl's push up.  Uh, yeah?  Cos I'm a girl?  We walked up the hill and back down again and then I did 2 laps of the Oval - 20 walking steps and 50 running.  All in all, I was very impressed with the results of my work out.  My heart rate monitor indcated that I was working in zone 3 (working VERY hard) for over 3/4 of my work out.  I certainly felt it. 

After I had finished, the kids played in the park for a while.  Callum fell over in the middle of the oval in pain and I didn't know what was wrong.  I walked quickly torward him and as I was half way there, I remembered I could run so, I ran!  He had been stung by a bee.  He is fine.

I'm so glad to be back.  I don't know where it came from but I am happy.  I am going to bring my runners into work tomorrow and shall do some running in the city (you have been warned, Melbourne).  I hope I don't get called fat.  This is my biggest fear... I'm not going to let this stop me from getting to my goal. 

My eating will be perfect tomorrow as will my water intake.  I'm going to get to my goal of being under 150 by the end of February (one would hope) but I know I am going to have to work my butt of like nothing else to do so.  Nothing will stop me.  Well, other than sore legs perhaps!

All photos were taken today - 15th January 2012

Push ups - no, not as easy as they look either.  I do as much of a full push up as I can until my fat gets in the way!  Yes, I'm on my knees for those wondering...
Squats - these are quite hard to do as well as my fat gets in the way.  They do the job though!  They're just awkward...
Very hot and bothered!

Running!  Not as easy as it looks.  I feel like I could run really fast but I have so much weight to carry... 
I have really big muscles.  You can see how much excess skin I have in this photo.  My arms are actually really little but you can't see that because of the excess skin.  Really looking forward to getting it chopped off somewhere down the track...

When you look at this photo, you need to put a song over as a soundtrack - 'I see you baby, shaking that arse, shaking that arse, shaking that arse...'


5 comments:

  1. I can't help but feel inspired when I see you working out. Wow. What's my excuse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased you have found your mojo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! Well done you! Looking awesome. Love your new hair! Proud proud proud :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny girl... love buckets3eyedfish

    ReplyDelete