Friday, January 13, 2012

Awesome work out :)

I had a shitful day.  I had a headache and the day just dragged.  It's hard to focus when you are feeling awful.  With that, I decided I'd go to the gym.  It's the first time that I've been to the gym in months.  I miss it.  But this year, NOTHING is going to stop me from feeling fit again and back to where I was mid way last year.  Nothing.
I only had an hour but I made the most of it.  I did some walking on the treadmill and also did the stairs.  I managed to do 20 flights before I was buggered!  I have a LONG way to go to get back to where I was but it's going to be worth it.  I also used the medicine ball.  Lachie was with me so it made it more fun.  My legs are tired.  I am going to go back tomorrow and again on Sunday.  I've really missed it.  I am going to start slowly and work my way.

I need to refocus on what I wanted.  I have got some new challenges and goals that I am working toward.

My short term goal is the upcoming relay for life in Melton in February.  Endurance is the key for this and a lot of walking is in store for the next month. 

My mid term goal is to do the stairs of my building again.  I feel as though I've taken a step backwards in my fitness but would love to be at the point where I am able to do this again.  If not once but twice.  Climbing stairs is something that I really enjoy and I get the best work out from it.  There's a track in Bacchus Marsh that a friend let me know about that I am looking forward to doing.  I am still yet to go up those 1,000 steps in Fentree Gully.  These are on the to do list for sure.

My long term goal at the moment is to participate in something called 'tough mudder'.  It's something that Brendan pointed out to me today and it sounds awesome.  I wouldn't do it until next year but will start the training regime this week as there are some key things to it.  I'll have to be really, really fit.  It would be awesome to participate in it.

I shall post little reminders around the place to inspire me and keep me on track.  I still have a lot of things that I want to do such as playing Football, participating in a Triathlon and I know all of these things will come in time.  I am just happy that I have the thirst to succeed back and have been able to set some realistic and exciting goals.

Thank you to those who have gotten me back on track.  I have thanked a few of you.  I really appreciate it.  You are all inspiring xo

One thing I realised today - nothing keeps you going more than when your Child says to you 'I give up'.  That made me keep going and it also made me keep him going :)

No comments:

Post a Comment