Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Hooray for hump day!

Wednesday = hump day!  I am so happy that we are half way through the week!  It’s been so busy for me so far and it’s only going to remain like that over the coming days.

I worked a long day today as I had an early morning appointment and then Outreach with the Police until 8:30pm.  I came home, had some salmon and veggies for dinner and I’ve just finished half an hour of Yoga.  My body is so stiff and sore (I put this down to not moving enough!).

My food has been perfect again today.  And now that I’ve done my Yoga, I’ve been able to stick to my goals for the week (so far!).  I’ve also been able to write down what I’m thankful for and drink all my water.  Again, when I write the above, it sounds so simple!  But there were so many occasions today where I could have slipped into ‘easier’ habits.  I was rushing this morning to get my smoothie ready as I didn’t get anything ready last night, I was tired when I got home this evening and it would have been easier to not do anything other than go to bed and I REALLY wanted muffins at work today but I didn’t have any as I know I don’t need any!  There are so many opportunities during my day where I could just decide ‘why the f**k not’ but instead, I am working toward my goal and although it hasn’t been easy, I am glad that I am focused. 

I’m off to meal prep for tomorrow (on the menu tomorrow is a banana smoothie bowl, a thai beef salad, shepherd’s pie and lots of yummy snacks!).  It’s late (11:30pm) so I haven’t had the early night that I know I’ll benefit from but at least I’ve done the things that I actually committed to doing this week.  And I’m proud of that. 

Steph xo

No comments:

Post a Comment