Sunday, October 29, 2017

Thursday is the new Monday :)

So, I had planned to resume my healthy eating and weight loss journey this coming Monday to coincide with the 28 day challenge that I am doing through Healthy Mummy but after writing my blog on Thursday, I decided to make a start.

I went to aqua aerobics on Thursday night.  I can't tell you the last time I exercised that hard.  I made sure was considerate of my right had (I had surgery on my hand back in May) as it's still a little bit sore.  It was so much fun!  I plan on going back next week.

I worked on my meal plan on Thursday night as well.  I printed out the recipes that I planned on making and forewarned the kids that things are going to change around here.  I don't think they'll notice that much of a change as I've ensured that everything I'll be cooking is family friendly (the main change will be in the way I cook things) but they will certainly notice a change in their lunch boxes.

I have a massive headache on Friday evening and I also had one last night.   I can feel it coming on now but I know it's down to the fact that I haven't caffeine for 2 days (I have decided to give up caffeine - I only used to have 2 or 3 cups of coffee a day and maybe 1 cup of tea) and it would also be because I have been following a plan which is very low in sugar.  

I just started cleaning out the pantry (I am having a little break) as when the shopping was delivered last night, I realised that if this is going to work, I have to get rid of all the crap we have in the cupboard.  There isn't a lot of bad stuff but I knew there was a few cake mixes that had passed their use by date along with some onions and potatoes that resembled science experiments!  I am wishing I took before and after shots at this point as I have seen such a huge difference!  I don't have a big pantry but I do have a lot of stuff to go in it.

I have been doing well with my water intake.  I have had almost a litre today which is really good considering it's just on 11.30am.  Given the fact I rarely drank a lot of water (I would manage a few cups a day), this is great for me.  I'm going to go for a walk today and I'm also going to start a handwritten journal to document my progress an jot down my thoughts.  Things are looking good and I'm feeling great :) it's also great to have the kids on board.  The twins are excited about eating new things and getting healthy.  I'm happy they are keen.  They will help keep me on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment