Friday, March 1, 2013

And we're back on the air... (again!)

Sorry it's taken me so long to write this blog!  I have spent most of the last few days sleeping.

I had my Surgery on Monday.  I didn't go in until about 4pm.  Jason said he wasn't sure how much fluid was in the band but he was going to put 5 in.  I was not as nervous as what I have been in the past.  The only thing I really hate about going under is waking up.  I vomit and cough a lot which means that I end up hurting a lot later on.

My Anaesthetist was lovely.  He counted to 3 before he jabbed me with his horrible needle.  And shortly after that, I was out.

When I woke up, I was coughing so much.  The tube that goes down your throat must have scratched me on the way up and I couldn't stop coughing no matter how hard I tried.  I was taken up to the ward where I made sure I got up and moved around.  I do remember watching the start of Rafters at some stage...

Jason came in to see me.  He was very happy with how things went.  He told me that my port had flipped and was holding on by 2 stitches but the cord from the port to the band had wrapped around it 4 times.  He had never seen anything like it before.  There was also only 1ml in my band.  Which explains why I have put on so much weight and why I can eat basically whatever I've wanted to eat (bread, chicken, pork, steak etc...). 

I managed to get some rest and was home the next day.  Today, I haven't taken any pain killers and even plan on going to the gym for a little walk.  So, I'm now into the next stage of my journey.  Phase 3?  Or Phase 1.3?  Hmmm.  Either way, I hope that I don't have to have any more Surgery for some time.  I think I've had my fair share!

I joined up at Melton Fernwood last night.  I used to go there some years ago and I love it there.  I am in the right frame of mind to be going there and to lose my weight.  They have the best classes and everyone is so nice.  It's good to be a Fernie again :) and as soon as I get off here, I am going to go for a gentle stroll to get everything moving again.

Looking forward to achieving some great things over the next few months.  And now that everything is right with my band, there's nothing to stop me.

Thank you to everyone for all the support over the past few weeks xo

No comments:

Post a Comment