Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 is my year so move out of the way, I'm coming through!

Happy New Year :) I hope that everyone had a fantastic night.  I spent the night with my beautiful family and my friends.  I had a fantastic time but the best bit is, I feel awesome as I didn't drink much :)

This morning, I read a quote from a person's blog on one of my friend's Facebook status updates and it read, "I have said this before but it bears repeating, my weight is the least interesting thing about me".  Her blog can be found here http://thisisnotadiet-itsmylife.com/2012/12/30/changes-you-cannot-see/ I haven't read her blog but I can relate to what she is saying.  And I can also expand on it from my perspective.  Weight takes over everything.  And it ends up becoming the only thing about you that people talk about or worry about.  The only thing they comment on (good or bad) and the only thing they track.  It's frustrating.  And from my point of view, I blog on here about my weight.  And even though I have had lap band, when I read it back, it's the classic 'up and down' weight loss story and although it would have been awesome to flick from the start to the end and read a fairy tale, I'm happy to have gone through every part of what I've been through over the past 2 years.  

So I plan on 2013 being one with a fairy tale ending when it comes to my weight loss journey.  I'm already on the way training for Relay for Life in February and I am sure I'll have a lot more things to add in my personal challenge Calendar as the year goes on.

I'll take some 'January 2013' photos today and will also weigh myself so I can once again compare how well I'm doing over the months.

Stay tuned :)


No comments:

Post a Comment