Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 2 post Surgery

Today I'm day 2 post Surgery and I'm feeling pretty good. 

I have kept up with my pain killers and have made sure that I don't get too sore.  I didn't have the best sleep last night - I kept tossing and turning as I was trying to stay on my back - a position I don't like sleeping in.  I ended up working out a way that I could roll over onto my side and be comfortable with the assistance of pillows.

My cuts aren't that sore.  It's more so my shoulder.  I have had heat packs on and off.  I've had 3 showers today to get rid of the pain.  The Twins have resisted the temptation of jumping on me too which is good as it would hurt!

I haven't slept all day - I have spent most of the day in bed under the doona reading.  It's been perfect Weather to do so :) I have become a Kindle addict.  One of my friends, Chantal tried to convince me to buy a Kindle ages ago when I was whinging about the fact that I couldn't fit all of my books on the shelf.  I have been scouring Amazon for some free titles and have found few.  I am currently reading Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult.  I have read a lot of her books and haven't had the chance to sit down and actually read it at the pace in which most of her novels should be read (not being able to put it down!).  I don't know how I managed to live my life before I got my iPad2!  It has opened up a whole new world to me!  And has helped me fulfill my book fetish.  I can get as many books as I want and they're all free (although I do admit to buying 1 or 2).  I wouldn't have considered reading some of the ones that I have downloaded but I have really enjoyed them.

I made some soups today and have put them in the freezer for dinner.  I will make another few tomorrow as well.  I made curried pumpkin and red lentils as well as potato and leek.  They are so nice.  I have just sealed them up in freezer bags and put them in the freezer.  I have around 9 in there which will keep me going for a while but seem as I am on the fluids for 2 weeks, I'd like to make sure I have more in there.  Tomorrow, I'll be having a drinking yogurt for Breakfast, a strawberry smoothie for lunch and some minestrone soup for dinner.  I am using the Knife, Fork and Band book to get my recipes out of and know that I won't get bored until the end.

My tummy has been growling a lot.  I forgot to ask Dr Winnett if he put in any fluid when he put the new band in.  I think that he did but I can't be 100% sure.  I'd love to see if I can go back to work on Wednesday.  I'll have to see how I go.

I think one of the hardest things for me during this has been not eating food.  Before I was banded the last time, I was used to not eating food as I had been doing the Optifast for so long but now, I have gone from being able to eat normal things one day to not being able to eat normal foods the next.  I am not hungry but I have to remind myself that no, I can't try that piece of meat from the casserole or eat the rice to see if it's cooked.  Little things like that.  I am sure I'll get used to it over the next few days.

Once again, thank you all for the messages over the past few days.  It's appreciated.  I'll put some photos up of my surgery when I get them.  I forgot to get them from the Hospital so I'll ask them to send them to me.  I'll also put some photos of my battle scars when I change the dressings tomorrow but this will be marked with a warning as I know my Mother couldn't think of anything worse!

I'm going to go and watch a movie now.  I could get used to this 'no doing anything' but know that it won't last for long!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your success to date - sorry to hear about the problems. It's great to hear your passion to succeed shine through - I wish I had half of it. I'm a bandit too but without your success so far - it looks like I'll be going in for resurgery as well.

    ReplyDelete