Monday, December 5, 2011

My weakness :/

I'm a Chocolate addict.  There.  I said it.

I hate to think how much weight I would have lost if I didn't eat Chocolate.  I guess I need to think of the positives about how much weight I have lost as a result of giving up my chocolates. 

Take today for example.  I got up, had a Coffee and went to work (I caught the 6.23am train).  I walked into Coles and bought 3 packets of chocolate biscuits . I went upstairs and took one chocolate biscuit from each packet, put them on the 'team table' and Emailed my team to let them know they were there.  They eventually went (I think!) and the biscuits were no longer a temptation for me.  I then decided that I wanted chocolate muffins or cupcakes.  We have a shop called the cupcake bakery downstairs from us.  Each cupcake is something like $5 so rather than doing that, I went to Coles and bought a packet of chocolate cupcakes.  I ate one (barely as they were SO sweet) and donated the rest to the team.  Brendan did offer to take my purse so I couldn't buy anymore but I kindly declined the offer and didn't buy any more chocolate for the rest of the day other than the ones that I am going to put on my Christmas cards.

I have been promised a piece of Christmas Cake tomorrow from one of my colleagues so, this will be my only treat for the day.

I have been told from a reliable source that apples will do the same as chocolate.  I am going to test out this theory tomorrow.  I am going to stop by Coles on the way to work and buy some apple sauce (as I can't eat apples) and I shall see if this works.  I shall check back and let you know :)

I planned our Christmas menu today.  I am SO excited :) I have found some of the yummiest things to cook.  I won't be able to eat most of it but I love cooking and I love it when people enjoy my food.  I am really looking forward to Christmas this year.  I am going to get some of my Christmas cards done tonight. 

Sure, I may cop a bit for confessing to my chocolate addiction but, like I've said a few times throughout my blog, this is an honest account of what I am going through.  And chocolate is not the only reason I am fat or got to my heaviest weight!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Monday.  I certainly did :) I'm loving life and I'm on such a great path at the moment.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think you're the only one!

    I have the same problem.

    I might try apple sauce as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giving up sugar is a hard thing to do. I look forward to see how you go today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. honey, I worked at a place where EVERYONE had a chocolate addiction. You are most certainly not alone. I'm working on weaning myself off too!

    ReplyDelete