Thursday, August 16, 2012

Keeping on track by staying focussed

When I woke up this morning, I felt so much better than what I have over the past few days.  I'm not sure if it was due to my big 'spill' last night with what I wrote or if it was simply because I know that I need to just 'keep on swimming' but I went to be at roughly 2.30am.  I got up at 5 and surprisingly, I wasn't tired.  I went to work and the day went well.

I spoke to one of my colleagues who I have such a high level of respect for and we worked out a plan of attack.  Along with trying to understand what I am up against in the way of reading and researching, I am going to do the things that helped when I 'got sick' last time.  My relaxation, writing, reading, running - things I enjoy and things that help me remain focussed.

I know too that I work best when I have a goal set.  So, I am going to try running at least half of a 4km Fun Run with some friends from work.  The mission (should I choose to accept it) is the 'Run for the Firies'.  Brendan (my work mate who did the stairs with me) has set this up as a challenge and I am really looking forward to going along with him.  His Girlfriend, Mum and some other work mates are going to participate as is my eldest Son, Lachlan.  I am going to start training for it this weekend and will start using the Couch to 5k app that I was using sometime ago to get in the swing of things.  I am not sure if I can run the whole thing but I hope to do at least half of it.  I shall track my progress here :)

I think I've made a lot of progress over the past few days.  In a lot of different aspects.  And I look forward to making more as the weeks go by.

Thank you so much for the messages of encouragement.  They have been amazing.  And those sorts of things keep me going.  I can do this - the physical, mental and emotional will all come together once again soon and then there will be nothing that can stop me (again!).

2 comments:

  1. Jealous that you can run! I wish I could!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you going to do an update? I am dying to know how you are going with the training and your weight loss getting back on track.

    ReplyDelete