Saturday, October 8, 2011

Found my mojo :)

Ouch!  I am so stiff and sore!  Serves me right for not doing at least some kind of exercise for the past 5 weeks or so.

I had my PT with Neil on Thursday night.  It went really well.  I was able to manage to work with the weights that I was doing during my last PT sessions at the Gym.  I was a bit rusty but quickly got into the hang of it.  Neil taught me a lot of different stretches and spoke about the sorts of things that we are going to do during our sessions.  I'm really looking forward to working with him.  I see him next on Wednesday.

I stayed at Mum and Dad's house last night.  Lachie spent the week up there for the School Holidays so, I needed to go and pick him up.  It made more sense to drive there last night and drive back home today rather than do 3 hours of driving in 1 day.  I got up at 7.45 and went for a 4km walk.  They live in a very hilly area so it was great to walk around.  At one stage, I thought I was going to die as I walked up a really big hill but, I kept my pace up and was quite surprised at the speed that I was maintaining.  I wore my heart rate monitor and was shocked at the fact how low my rate was.  I felt like my heart was about to explode but in actual fact, I was no where near my maximum.

It feels really good to be back in the swing of things again.  I am going to go for a walk with the kids tomorrow.  I don't think I'll get much of a pace going with the Twins on their bikes as I have to keep stopping every 50 metres or so but it will be nice to get some fresh air.  I have heard it's supposed to rain tomorrow so if it does, I'll go to the gym instead.

I want to make special mention of one of my gorgeous friends tonight - Tracey.  It was a year ago today that she started her weight loss journey.  She has lost 44.3kg since she started her journey a year ago today.  I am amazed at her results and am in awe of what she has achieved.  Trace and I 'met' almost 6 years ago on a weight loss forum and it's been wonderful to see her transform into the person she is today.  I am SO proud of her.  Check out this before and after shot...



The link to her blog (and her latest entry) is here...

http://traceyslastchance.blogspot.com/2011/10/omg-i-did-it-12-months-today.html

I've been feeling a lot better over the past few days.  I'm starting to get back into the swing of things.  And it feels good to be back on the right track :) thank you to everyone who sent me messages... I'm okay - like I said, it's something that think I can fix and I have proven that to myself over the past few days.  I will beat this.

No comments:

Post a Comment