Wednesday, June 24, 2015

What a week :)

It's been around a week since I got back on track with things and I am so proud of my efforts thus far. 

I've been to the gym 4 times, I've eaten really well and I have been conscious of making the right choices (I just refused chocolate even though I really, really, REALLY feel like eating some!).

I had my first PT session in around 2 and a half years on Monday.  It was more of a fitness test to see where I'm at and although I didn't ask the results of the test, I know that I'm not very fit at all!  I asked my PT to take some full length photos of me.  I don't particularly like the photos but they are a good yard stick to measure how far I've come.  I look at ones from when 165kg and I know that I can get back there.  It's very motivational to look back at where I was and know that it's achievable.  You'll be able to see below the massive difference that 20kg can make.  I put all of the photos I have taken up on my facebook page which you can find at www.facebook.com/movingforwardlookingforward
 
185kg


Around 165kg



I have another PT session tomorrow at 1.30 and I don't think he is going to go as easy on me this time! 
 
I was really proud of myself today though.  I went to the gym yesterday with my eldest son and because we were both together and we were chatting etc... the time went by quickly.  Today, I didn't have anyone to talk to.  I walked in and went on the bike first for 10 minutes and then jumped on the treadmill.  After about 5 minutes of being on the treadmill, I was annoyed and bored!  Rather than giving up, I covered up the time and the speed with my towel and increased the incline.  I looked at the time again about 5 minutes later (I thought it was that much!) only to find that I had only walked for another 2 minutes!  So I increased the speed to 5km an hour.  At this point, I was hot and puffed and honestly felt like giving up.  But I didn't.  I kept on going.  And I am so proud of myself for doing so.  When I do little things like that, I KNOW I can do this.  It will take time but I will get there :)
 
Hot and sweaty and yuck! :P
I'm amazed at the support I've received over the last few days (I know I've said this each time but it's true!).  The messages of encouragement have been wonderful.  I have also jumped on Instagram - movingforwardlookingforward - I thought that I would go there and share my photos of food, quotes and other things.  I am going to use the hashtag #fatfitspo.  For those who don't know what a fitspo its, according to urban dictionary Fitspo is 'short for "fitsporation" Images of active, strong, and fit women that promote proper exercise and diet.' I shall also adopt the hastag #fatspiration - I believe that both these hashtags are commonly used for the purpose that I am using them for (I honestly thought I had thought them up!).
 
Oh, and it's weigh day tomorrow!  I can't wait to find out how I have gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment