Monday, October 15, 2012

20 minutes for 1ml...

Today I went into the City to have my fill.  I went to get some new shoes first.

I was really pleased that they had exactly the same shoes that I used to have and they were half the price that they were when I first bought them.  They were exactly my size (12) as well which was lucky.  Everything happens for a reason :)

I then went off to have my fill.  There are only 2 people who do the fills at the Imaging Centre and the Doctor who did mine today normally doesn't have a problem finding it (it's done using an X-Ray so you'd imagine that there shouldn't be a problem at all).  Today, my port was not cooperating at all.  He tried for 20 minutes before he was able to put the fill in.  And it was only 1ml that went in.  He wasn't able to find the entrance to the port and he kept getting the edge of it (which is metal) so the needles kept bending.  I didn't feel a thing.  I did have a local though which may have helped but I am relieved that I don't feel it when I have to an adjustment as I know that some people aren't so lucky :)

I don't see Jason until the 8.11.2012 and after dinner tonight, I realized that I can only just notice the difference.  It's better to go slow and steady rather than fast.  It just means that I am going to have to work extra hard on self control, portion size and exercise.  All of these things are in my control.

I went to the Gym tonight.  I can't believe how unfit I am!  I went on the Treadmill, the Cross Trainer and the Bike.  I was so hot and sweaty by the time it was over.  I can't wait until I am fit again.  I know it's going to be hard work but it's an amazing feeling.  I look forward to feeling it again.

I have put some photos of the needle that they use for the fill in my photo album as I know some people don't like the look of them.  I have also put a photo of my 'jab wounds' in there as well.  Check them out if you'd like :)

No comments:

Post a Comment